Spring took a while to arrive this year, so now I’m really trying to enjoy it. On a recent podcast episode, I talked about some of my spring favorites. Now, I want to invite you into the fun of reveling in spring.
Here’s the start of a springtime bucket list so that you make the most of this short spring season before it turns into summer:
- Listen to birds singing (I know it’s super cliche, but they get so loud and active in the spring!)
- Get caught in a spring rain shower (this happened to me, literally, today)
- Read a book that takes place in spring (here’s a list to give you some inspiration)
- Read outside
- Swap out your winter wardrobe for warmer weather clothing
- Identify a new flower you didn’t previously know the name of (here’s some that I’m looking out for)
- Make sun tea
- Swing in a hammock
- Watch a springtime movie (here’s a list to give you some ideas)
- Experiment with a new salad dressing
- Try a new exercise class (personally, I’m jumping on the Aaptiv bandwagon this spring)
- Go on a picnic
- Go to the farmer’s market and try a new-to-you vegetable or fruit
- Go on a hike
- Go on a bike ride
- Plant something (I need to re-pot some succulents…)
- Clean something (anyone else giving their garage the side eye lately?)
- Make frozen banana ice cream
- Go to the movies
- Plan your summer vacation
Having these kinds of tasks to look forward to each season is a great reminder for me to enjoy the season I’m in (especially since I live in a part of the country with four distinct seasons). I’d also love to know what some of your spring favorites are this time of year.
To think on:
- What’s on your springtime bucket list?
- What’s on your list of spring favorites?